In our last four posts, we explored the top three opportunities for reverse osmosis plants, and three ways Pani's AI Coach™ leverages existing data and existing personnel to achieve these improvements, from cost savings to reliability and performance.
In this post, we'd like to acknowledge the journey and share the typical onboarding process for deploying a custom AI Coach™ and how to prepare for digital transformation at your facility.
IS MY PLANT AI READY
Determining if your plant is suitable for AI solutions can seem daunting, but modern technologies make it more approachable than ever before. A typical plant assessment would consist of:
1. Signing a mutual non-disclosure agreement (MNDA) to protect both parties information
2. Discussion to understand plant process, existing hardware, and data management
3. Plant sends P&ID to Pani team for assessment
4. Pani responds with a product definition that best suits the plant's needs
5. Contract & SaaS agreements
PROCESS – 4 STEPS TO LAUNCH
To review, we know that the AI Coach™ is a decision support and analytical tool designed specifically for water treatment facilities and the specific processes within, such as Reverse Osmosis. We also know how the qualifying evaluation part of the process is getting the right information to the AI Coach™ to start learning. There are four main steps to deploying the AI Coach™ at your plant:
1) DATA REQUEST – It is important that our models are calibrated and tuned to your plant design and consistent with the assets and critical equipment on site. Our implementation specialists will work with your team to collect the following:
Datasheets of critical assets (e.g., pumps and turbomachinery)
Historical data transfer (CSV export)
2) INTEGRATION – the AI Coach™ provides near real-time recommendations and analytics for operators to maximize reliability and optimize the performance of plant operations. The cloud-based models require ongoing sensor data to provide timely analytics and recommendations. There are several options for integration depending on the existing digital systems in place. Pani work closely with your IT team to ensure integration is safe and secure.
3) O&M MEETING + SETUP – this is where our in-house process experts meet with your team (virtually) and better understand your plant’s challenges. Concurrently, our implementation specialists set up and calibrate the digital models to reflect your processes and physical plant design.
4) TRAINING – the final piece before 'Go-Live' is remote training through Pani University. Don't worry though, there really isn't much in the way of homework! Our Customer Success team is dedicated to familiarize operators, engineers, and managers with the platform functionality and best practices through online reference material, webinar tutorials, and a direct line for ongoing support. Once training is complete the AI Coach™ goes live and our journey begins. We are excited to take the performance of your plant to the next level!
Want to learn more? Get the RO Whitepaper